Banff Dentist Performing Oral Surgeries
Despite our best efforts at prevention, decay, injury, or disease may leave you needing something outside of routine care. For maximum convenience and the best results, your dentist in Banff is highly qualified to perform select oral surgeries from the comfort of our office. More complex cases, however, may be referred to a specialist. From extractions to root canals to crown lengthening, biopsies, and more, we are equipped to handle a number of your oral surgery needs.
Oral Surgery at Banff Family Dentistry
Dr. Sajjad and our whole team strive to offer comprehensive dental care from our office, where you already feel comfortable, relaxed, and at-ease. When your dentistry needs go beyond routine preventive or restorative care, you can feel confident in your Banff dentist’s expert care.
The procedures we perform include:
• Tooth extractions: Removal of extra teeth to fix crowding or prepare for orthodontic treatment.
• Wisdom tooth extractions: Taking out infected or impacted third molars to prevent significant oral problems.
• Dead tooth extractions.
• Root canal therapy to rescue severely damaged or decayed teeth.
• Soft tissue grafts to replace gum tissue lost to infection or recession.
• Crown lengthening to repair gummy smiles or make room for a dental crown.• Gingivectomy or gum lift to heal gums after periodontal disease.• Biopsy to check for cancerous or precancerous lesions in the soft oral tissue.
Recovery from Oral Surgery
Our highly-trained dentists use state-of-the-art technology and a careful approach to minimize discomfort and speed up recovery following oral surgery. However, most surgical procedures cause some level of discomfort, swelling, and/or bleeding. To enjoy a comfortable, quick recovery after any oral procedure, remember to:
• Wait to eat or drink until you regain feeling in your jaw.
• Take all pain medications and antibiotics as prescribed.
• Apply an ice pack in 10 minute intervals for the first 36 hours to reduce swelling.
• Avoid driving while taking narcotics.
• Avoid strenuous activity for the first few days.
• Maintain a soft foods diet until you feel comfortable eating normally.
Attend your follow-up appointments as scheduled so we can check in and make sure you’re healing properly. With proper aftercare, you should notice your symptoms beginning to subside after a few days. If, however, your symptoms worsen or do not show any improvement, get in touch with your Banff dentist promptly.
If we determine that your case requires specialized care, we will not hesitate to refer you to a trusted local oral surgeon. Our number one goal is your health and happiness, so we make expert referrals to ensure you receive the very best care. We will send your information to their office securely and work closely with your surgeon as needed to carry out your treatment plan.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Do you suspect or already know you need a tooth extraction, root canal, biopsy, crown lengthening, or a gum lift? These procedures fall under your dentist in Banff’s expertise. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment with Banff Family Dentistry for expert oral surgery!